10 Beautiful Fishing Spots in Northumberland
Northumberland is situated by the coast and is famous for sea and river fishing. Amongst the beautiful landscape and natural coast, fishing is a sport which attracts tourists the most. Northumberland has numerous fishing spots, coastlines and even few cottages which especially offers fishing sport. Here are some of the beautiful fishing spots in Northumberland:
• Kielder Water: This is the most popular fishing spot in Kielder Water & Forest Park which offers lots of opportunities and activities for customers on vacation. This is the biggest artificial lake in the United Kingdom. Plashett’s Bay, Belling Inlet and Leaplish or Tower Knowe are also ideal spots for fishing which attracts fly fishing the most.
• Felton Fence Fisheries: Situated amidst the historic town of Alnwick and the coastline of World Heritage, Felton Fence Fisheries offers splendid holiday cottages and beautiful fishing spots. The fishery has four lakes namely, Fence Lake, Fox Lake, Mallard Lake and Badger Lake. Enjoy a holiday with all fishing facilities and equipment offered both for newbies and experts.
• Fontburn Reservoir: This is near the Rothbury Village with the beautiful Northumberland coast at its back, Fontburn Reservoir offers some of the best trout fishing. Best known for family fishing with a friendly environment, the reservoir is easy to reach and ideal for a day out fishing. With all facilities of fishing and refreshments made available, it is a perfect outing spot for family and friends.
• Alnmouth Beach: Alnmouth beach near River Aln is a perfect spot for fishing as well as for family and friends outing. The beach is famous for Sea Trout and Salmon found during Summer. It offers Plaice, Bass and Mackerel to catch. The beaches make it a fun tour for kids while making it as exciting for adults.
• Amble: Amble Angling Centre offers one of the best spots for fishing experience. It offers both sea water and saltwater fishes while fishermen aid you with fishing. The most common fish to be found in the season is cod. Fishing in Amble Rocks is a more challenging experience with shallow waters and high tides, but is a challenge worth experiencing.
• Felton and West Thirston: These are small villages with River Coquet flowing through it. The village gives a distant relaxed environment with the joy of catching fishes including Salmon and Sea Trout.
• Beadnell Sea Fishing: Situated near the Northumberland coastline, Beadnell Sea Fishing offers great opportunity of fishing and camping. It is a perfect spot to enjoy the vacation with your family, friends and kids enjoying fishing in the perfect weather. The great attracting feature of the spot is that it is well suited for apprentice sea-fishers.
• Eyemouth Golf Course Cliffs: The Golf Club has more to offer apart from golf, a wonderful fishing experience from the cliffs. It is a fun experience but can be challenging enough with fast rising tides which needs to be taken care of. It is a perfect place for sea-fishers looking for some challenging sea sport.
• Low Newton-By-The-Sea: Situated in the Northumberland coastline, Low Newton offers a perfect fishing spot which includes a pub and a great beach walk. The beautiful environment of beach is soothing as well as fun for fishing.
• Blythe Pier Fishing: Blythe Pier fishing provides a brilliant harbor best for pier fishing. It is perfect place to drop by on a sunny day for fishing and relaxing. The place is a worth giving a try for its atmosphere and great fishing environment.